AW22 Trend: Into The Trenches
Transform any outfit and look put together instantly.
- 10 May 2022
- Lakeside Joondalup
The cooler seasons never disappoint with the amount of rain that falls from the sky! And whilst it’s easy to just stay at home watching Netflix you needn’t remain in your sweats and surrender to the indoors lifestyle for months on end. Fortunately getting out of a style rut and into the outdoors is easier than you may think with this wardrobe hero. “Get into trenches” and embrace a classic with a new spin.
The timeless trench is not only the perfectly practical outer layer for the wet, trench coats can transform any outfit and make casual separates (yes, even sweatpants!) look put together instantly. While comfort-first wardrobe staples aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, draping a sleek trench coat over an outfit, no matter how informal, can make the mundane feel special again. And with travel being on the agenda again for those with a nomadic spirit, this jetsetting wardrobe pal is a must-have on the packing list. If you insist on one piece being your best travel buddy to take you places whilst offering protective shield as well as being versatile, practical and lightweight is sure to help keep you warm in elevated and sophisticated style, the trench has got you and all your bases covered!.
Its appeal has lasted through decades of different dress codes, thrown over everything from jeans to silky evening dresses, its functionality immediately translates to effortlessness. Investing in a trench coat will see you through every situation, in any season. With so many versions and re-interpretations of the “must-have” classic it’s hard not to be tempted by fresh styles of the classic trench coat. With the trademark storms flaps, buckles and belting everywhere, for me, any version of the trench is pure closet magic.
- How is the trench trending this season:
- • A glossy leather trench has arrived with it’s powerfully chic presence, it’s an investment which will last a lifetime.
- • The latest designs have become more boxy, perfectly oversized to layer bulky knitwear underneath.
- • The sleeveless trench is more useful than you might first think. This double-breasted number can be underpinned with everything from white T-shirts to chunky roll-neck jumpers.
- • A sleeveless trench can also be worn solo as a striking dress.