Delectable Christmas Cookies
Posted on 4 December by Lakeside Joondalup
1. Turn on Christmas tunes to full volume.
2. Preheat your oven to a toasty 180°c.
3. Festively beat butter, sugar and sweetened condensed milk until creamy. Add egg and mix until combined. Stir through white chocolate melts.
4. Fold in sifted flours, and lightly spice with cinnamon and nutmeg, mix to form a firm dough and plastic wrap, refrigerate 30 minutes.
5. Collect your cold dough from the fridge and roll out onto a lightly floured surface to 5mm thickness. Using different sized star cutters or templates cut dough into shapes then place onto greased oven trays, bake 10 minutes until light golden. Cool on wire rack.
6. To decorate; melt extra white chocolate with copha. Dip portions of cookies into the white chocolate mix or using an icing mix (add some coloured dye if you wish) & applicator squeeze shapes onto your cookies, lay on baking paper & refrigerate. If you're that little bit 'extra' layer your star cookies into the shape of a Christmas tree using white chocolate to secure.
7. Sit on lounge with your cookies and devour!
- butter block , 250g
- csr brown sugar , 500g
- sweetened condensed milk , 395g
- sunny queen free range eggs natural grain, 12pk 700g
- cooking chocolate melts white, 375g
- plain flour , 1kg
- self raising flour , 1kg
- cinnamon ground , 28g
- nutmeg ground, 30g
- copha cooking block oil solid, 250g
- icing sugar mixture, 1kg