Posted on 10 October by Lakeside Joondalup
These quick and easy Halloween snack ideas won't have you slaving over the cauldron for hours! So get your little ghouls in the kitchen and try out these delicious recipes that are great for Halloween! These recipes and more can be found at Woolworths.
- 80 g cream cheese
- 2 tbs strawberry jam
- 3 red apples
- 48 raspberry bulltets
- 1/4 cup crunchy noodles
- Mix cream cheese with strawberry jam in a small bowl. Cut each apple into quarters and remove cores
- Using a small sharp knife cut a 1cm deep, 2cm wide mouth shape into the skin side and remove the flesh
- Brush with lemon juice to prevent browning
- Spread a teaspoon of cheese mixture on the inside top and bottom of the mouth. Stick 4 raspberry bullets into cheese mixture. Add 2 trimmed noddles for fangs.
PIGS IN COFFINS
- 6 sheets of puff pastry, partially thawed
- 400g cocktail franks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Tomato sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200ºc and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Cut each sheet of pastry into four equal squares
- Take one square of puff pastry, and place a cocktail frank on top. Cover with another square of puff pastry and press gently to seal
- Cut each parcel into a coffin shape with two short, angled cuts at the top corners and two long, angled cuts at the bottom corners. Reserve off-cuts and cut into very thin strips. Bend and trim the off-cuts into ‘rip’ letters for the coffin lids, pressing the letters gently into the pastry coffins
- Use a fork to press down on the outer edges of the coffin shape to seal
- Place coffins on the prepared tray and brush lightly with beaten egg
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and serve alongside tomato sauce ‘blood'